Gravitational is a profitable open source software startup with offices in Oakland, Seattle and Toronto. Our mission is to empower developers to make enterprise software run by itself securely on any cloud platform.
We do this by developing and supporting our open-core software solutions, which have thousands of users and over 10,000 stars on Github. Our two primary solutions are Teleport, our modern security gateway for managing cloud native infrastructure, and Gravity, our upstream Kubernetes packaging solution that delivers true application portability.
We are hackers. We love Linux and low level systems programming and we love helping open source communities and other engineers to get things done.
We are also dedicated to our friends, families, and hobbies outside of work. Our past experiences building companies taught us about the importance of life and work balance. It matters even more when you are building a lasting company, like Gravitational.
About the job
We are looking for a full-time Technical Content Lead to help us create, oversee, and manage technical content. The role will be a mix of writing new content and sourcing content creation within and outside of the company. You will be our first full-time content developer as we build a world-class writing team with the goal to publish high-quality content every week to help devops engineers, security professionals, and engineering leadership learn more about cloud-native technologies.
We are looking for someone with experience in communicating highly technical concepts to both technical and executive-level audiences. You ideally have 3+ years experience in technical writing or software engineering and/or experience in research and content development. You should be familiar with front-end languages (HTML, CSS) and be comfortable working with technical teams to prioritize and execute content initiatives.
- Design a process for executing on high-quality content – from ideation through production.
- Develop new content for our blog and other materials such as whitepapers, tutorials, FAQs, infographics, ebooks etc.
- Storytelling via original long- and short-form content for engaging different audiences.
- Interview subject matter experts (developers / engineers) in order to create engaging content.
- Track content success to identify what content is most engaging and useful for enterprise and open source users.
- Optimize content for Google in accordance with modern best practices for SEO.
- Identify trends and topics that will resonate with our audience and help us stand apart with a mixture of technical deep dives and high-level content.
- Hire freelance writers to develop content under your direction and guidance.
- Manage a content calendar and coordinate with internal and external content creators to deliver high-quality content on time.
Location and benefits
This is an on-site position in Oakland, California or Seattle, Washington. We offer competitive compensation and benefits (including stock options, platinum level healthcare insurance, life, and long-term disability insurance, matched 401k and commuter benefits).
Email resume or links and a brief description of why you are interested in the opportunity: [email protected].
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.