About the opportunity
We help companies secure their infrastructure and securely deliver their cloud-native applications anywhere. We use the latest cloud-native technologies to do this across all major cloud providers and enterprise on-premises environment.
We create a lot of content, including technical documentation, demo videos, tutorials, blog posts and white papers. Most of this has been created internally, but now we are looking for someone to help us create and edit existing technical content.
The job is ideal for someone who worked in an engineering or technical writing capacity and would like to transition to a broader content creation role. This position would initially be on a contracting basis which could transition into a full time position.
We need someone who:
- Is familiar with the cloud and cloud-native market and leading cloud-native technologies, including Kubernetes and Docker.
- Has several years of experience working with enterprise software and/or SaaS companies to create technical content.
- Can write clear and concise technical content, including documentation, tutorials, FAQs, blog posts and white papers.
- Can think creatively about new content ideas.
- Will create original long- and short-form content and re-purpose existing articles into new content formats.
- Is an excellent writer and editor.
- Can interview subject matter experts (developers / engineers) in order to create engaging content.
- Understands the basics of how to create optimized content for search (SEO), like content length, link hierarchies, and keyword usage.
- Experience creating webinars / demo videos is a plus.
We are a profitable startup that is headquartered in Oakland, CA. The founders are experienced entrepreneurs that founded Mailgun (acquired in 2012), and ran product lines at public companies. We have built a world class engineering team and we are ready to amplify their expertise with a professional content creator.
This position will be on a contracting basis and can be remote. You will be working with employees that work in our headquarters in Oakland (Jack London Square). The ability to visit the office on a periodic basis would be a plus.
Email resume or links and a brief description of why you are interested in the opportunity: [email protected].
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.