About the opportunity
We help companies secure their infrastructure and meet compliance requirements. We’ve generated millions in ARR without marketing and have on-boarded large enterprise customers like Samsung, MLB, Ticketmaster, and Qualcomm. All of this has been 100% inbound. We have a large Total Addressable Market — any company that manages and operates server fleets, applications across cloud providers or deploys to internal data centers (i.e., almost all successful companies). As an SDR, you will drive pipeline by identifying, engaging and qualifying leads that are looking for help to solve these problems. You will also prospect into a list of strategic accounts. You will be asked to think creatively about finding potential leads, as well as leverage traditional lead generation techniques in order to build the top of the sales funnel and transition leads to our account reps.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to transition into an AE role within 6-12 months and gain expertise in a sector that has experienced explosive growth in the last decade, this may be the right opportunity.
We need someone who:
- Is a self-starter with a track record of success in their professional or personal life.
- Has a technical background or experience selling technical products and interacting with Ops, SRE / DevOps, and security professionals. Our champions are Engineering, IT and InfoSec professionals, so you need to be on their level.
- Has some experience in business development, ideally with open source and open core offerings.
- Is ready to roll up their sleeves. We need people that are ready to hustle, work with sales reps and the founders to develop lead sources and learn to sell our products.
- Doesn’t mind helping out across various go-to-market activities, including marketing collateral, product positioning, customer interviews, sales cycle optimizations, traveling to conferences, brand evangelism, attending meetups, etc. when needed.
What we expect of you:
- Learn and explain technical products and concepts.
- Do cold outreach to new prospects.
- Investigate customer problems and challenges and identify leads that should go to Account Executives.
- Experiment with different sales channels and be able to leverage the most effective ones.
- Establish best practices and efficient processes. Work closely with Account Executives to refine call and messaging strategies.
- Identify trends from prospective customers to share with the product, marketing, and customer success teams.
- Track all sales activity in our CRM (Salesforce).
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of sales qualified leads.
We are a well funded company headquartered in Oakland. The founders are experienced entrepreneurs that founded Mailgun (acquired in 2012), and ran product lines at public companies. We have built a world class engineering team and offering and are ready to build on the sales momentum started by the founding team.
We also value our friends, families, and hobbies outside of work. Our past experiences building companies and mass-scale products taught us about the importance of life and work balance. It matters, even more, when you are building a lasting business, like Gravitational.
This position will be at our headquarters in Oakland (Jack London Square). Our office has great views of the marina, a gym, pool, free parking and is a close walk from the Lake Merritt BART station.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including equity grant, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, commuter benefits and a stocked kitchen.
Email resume or links and a brief description of why you are interested in the opportunity: [email protected].
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.