Gravitational is a profitable open source software startup with offices in Oakland, Seattle and Toronto. Our mission is to empower developers to run their applications anywhere.
We do this by developing and supporting our infrastructure software solutions, which have thousands of users and over 10,000 stars on Github. Our two primary solutions are Teleport, our modern security gateway for managing cloud native infrastructure, and Gravity, our Kubernetes packaging solution that delivers true application portability.
We are hackers. We love Linux and low level systems programming and we love helping open source communities and other engineers get things done.
We are also dedicated to our friends, families, and hobbies outside of work. Our past experiences building companies taught us about the importance of life and work balance.
- You have a background selling technical products to large organizations, including hands-on experience working with technology executives and their Ops, SRE / DevOps, and security teams. Our champions are usually Director level Engineering, Devops and InfoSec professionals, so you need to be on their level.
- You have experience working with cloud-native technologies and are familiar with the markets that these technologies are sold into. For example, you have a good understanding on a signficant portion of the solutions in the CNCF landscape.
- You are a hacker at heart. You enjoy building things, learning new things and finding clever ways to overcome challenges.
- You enjoy teaching people and can explain technical concepts clearly.
- You enjoy meeting new people, listening to their problems and working collaboratively on solutions.
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. We are looking for people that are ready to hustle and sell our products side-by-side with the sales reps.
- You don’t mind helping out across various go-to-market activities, including marketing collateral, product feedback and positioning, customer interviews, sales cycle optimizations, traveling to conferences, brand evangelism, attending meetups, etc. when needed.
About the role
This is a fairly broad role that includes:
- Working with sales reps to help present technical solutions to customer problems.
- Managing demos and proof of concepts with customers.
- Helping with customer integrations points.
- Acting as an intermediary between customers and product development to help drive product roadmap.
- Presenting at meetups and conferences (optional but a plus).
This position is available either at our headquarters in Oakland (Jack London Square) or in Seattle.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- End of year cash bonus that is based on the company’s financial metrics.
- Relocation package, including international relocation for applicants to our Toronto office.
- Premium health (including dental and vision) insurance in the U.S. Supplemental health benefits in Toronto.
- 401k matching up to ~5%.
- Dependent Care FSA program.
- Commuter subsidy.
- 4 weeks standard paid-time-off; 5 days sick leave; 6 weeks of paid family leave.
- Cash bonus program for contributing outside typical job activities (eg., blog posts, employee referrals).
Email resume or links and a brief descripion of why you are interested in the opportunity: [email protected].
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.