Gravitational is a profitable open source software startup with offices in Oakland, Seattle and Toronto. Our mission is to empower developers to make enterprise software run by itself securely on any cloud platform.
We do this by developing and supporting our open-core software solutions, which have thousands of users and over 10,000 stars on Github. Our two primary solutions are Teleport, our modern security gateway for managing cloud native infrastructure, and Gravity, our upstream Kubernetes packaging solution that delivers true application portability.
We are hackers. We love Linux and low level systems programming and we love helping open source communities and other engineers to get things done.
We are also dedicated to our friends, families, and hobbies outside of work. Our past experiences building companies taught us about the importance of life and work balance. It matters even more when you are building a lasting company, like Gravitational.
About the job
We are seeking a full-time Marketing Specialist with 1+ years of experience working in a marketing capacity to support a B2B enterprise software organization. While this is an entry-level role, you can expect to contribute at many levels to help drive campaigns, ensure events and conference sponsorships run smoothly, assist various teams within the company, and develop new projects from conception through completion.
Your writing and communications must be top-notch and you would ideally have experience working with one or more marketing and sales platforms such as Hubspot, Salesforce, ad platforms (Google, Twitter, etc.), etc.
Responsibilities will include:
- Execute on a wide range of projects and plans for online and offline marketing
- Own conference and event logistics, from planning through completion, and report and track results to make recommendations for improvement
- Work closely with the sales, marketing, and design teams to develop new content, collateral, and multi-media to support events, website content development, and sales programs
- Create and execute account-based lead generation and advertising programs, report on results, and test new messages and creative
- Outsource work where it makes sense and manage freelancers and contractors
- Take an active role in managing the marketing budget to ensure we hit our targets
- Ensure creative marketing materials undergo regular review and adhere to brand guidelines
- Develop and maintain up-to-date marketing dashboard and reports for monthly reviews
- Analyze usage and other data to find patterns and marketing strategies (ability to query and present data using SQL or other query languages a plus)
- Research market segments and prepare competitive analyses
- Prepare marketing budgets and measure return on marketing campaign investments
- Help with social media channels to promote content and engage with users
- Become conversant in the technologies and market segments in which we operate
- Assist with other company-wide projects as needed
Location and benefits
This is an on-site position in Oakland, California. We offer competitive compensation and benefits (including stock options, platinum level healthcare insurance, life, and long-term disability insurance, matched 401k and commuter benefits).
Email resume or links and a brief description of why you are interested in the opportunity: [email protected].
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.