We are looking for a Developer Advocate to help us build awareness around our open core products for infrastructure security and application portability. Gravitational is a profitable open source software startup with offices in Oakland, Seattle and Toronto. Our mission is to empower developers to run their applications anywhere.
We do this by developing and supporting our infrastructure software solutions, which have thousands of users and over 10,000 stars on Github. Our two primary solutions are Teleport, our modern security gateway for managing cloud native infrastructure, and Gravity, our Kubernetes packaging solution that delivers true application portability.
We are hackers. We love Linux and low level systems programming and we love helping open source communities and other engineers to get things done.
In this role, you will use your technical skills to create educational content in different forms to help users work with cloud-native systems and learn more about our open source and Enterprise products work.
You understand how computers work and what role an operating system plays. You
know why the Linux kernel is written in C and not any other language. You have
a favorite file system, you know what a syscall is and you are comfortable
You understand networking very well and know what
VXLAN mean and are excited to test the limits of technology.
If this sounds like you, here is what you will be working on:
- Write about technology trends and best practices for both product areas with the goal of influencing customer success and engaging developers, senior engineers, and product leadership.
- Create product demos for the primary purpose of being able to write about different technology use cases and share how-to’s with customers.
- Develop other forms of content – videos, demos, webinars, briefs, etc. – to help tell the Gravitational and broader technology story.
- Speak at local area meetups and submit CFPs for national or international conferences.
- Engage with the open source community on forums and support sites to discuss best practices for using Teleport or Gravity.
- Work with our engineering teams on understanding the end-user experience and provide feedback from users.
- Collaborate with our marketing team to amplify messages that resonate with developers.
You must have excellent verbal and written communications and experience with one or more of these areas: Golang, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, AWS management, Terraform, Linux administration and networking.
About the locations and benefits
This is an on-site position in any of our offices – Oakland, Seattle, or Toronto.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (including stock options, platinum level healthcare insurance, matching 401k, commuter benefits and a stocked kitchen).
Email resume or links to work and a brief description about why you are interested: [email protected]
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.