About the opportunity
We build software that allows businesses to deploy and manage complex applications across cloud providers and on-premise infrastructure environments.
We successfully bootstrapped our sales process with the founding team, generating millions of dollars in revenue within a year without any marketing spend. Besides dipping our toes in traditional demand generation techniques, we released a modern ssh bastion system on Github called Teleport that generates well-qualified inbound interest from large and mid-sized companies. Within our sales pipeline and current customer base, you’ll find high-growth SaaS providers, national telecoms, machine learning / artificial intelligence startups, regulated consumer financials, stock exchanges, cryptocurrency miners, and other enterprise software vendors.
The possible market size is large and quickly expanding - anyone that manages and operates server fleets, applications across cloud providers or deploys to internal data centers (i.e., almost all successful companies). There are multiple use cases for our offerings: securing legacy internal IT access patterns, deploying SaaS packages on-premise on private clouds, providing Kubernetes-as-a-Service (like Google Cloud’s Kubernetes Engine, without GOOG), improving the efficiency of Ops and SRE teams, migrating workloads between clouds, and more.
As a BDR at Gravitational, you will drive sales by identifying, engaging and qualifying leads that are looking for help to solve these problems. You will prospect for leads and reach out to qualify them over email and phone. You will be asked to think creatively about finding potential leads, as well as leverage traditional lead generation techniques in order to build the top of the sales funnel and transition leads to our account reps.
We need your help to take the business to the next level. Our goal is to hire multiple junior or mid-level sales professionals while we quickly scale our lead generation sources and overall sales process.
We need someone who:
- Is a self-starter with a track record of success in their professional or personal life.
- Has a technical background or experience selling technical products and interacting with Ops, SRE / DevOps, and security professionals. Our champions are Engineering, IT and InfoSec professionals, so you need to be on their level.
- Has some experience in business development, ideally with open source and open core offerings.
- Is ready to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. We are looking for people that are ready to hustle, work with sales reps and the founders to develop lead sources and learn to sell our products.
- Doesn’t mind helping out across various go-to-market activities, including marketing collateral, product positioning, customer interviews, sales cycle optimizations, traveling to conferences, brand evangelism, attending meetups, etc. when needed.
What we expect of you:
- Be able to learn and explain technical products and concepts.
- Be willing to do cold outreach to new prospects.
- Investigate customer problems and challenges and identify leads that should go to Account Executives.
- Experiment with different sales channels and be able to leverage the most effective ones.
- Establish best practices and efficient processes.
- Work closely with Account Executives to refine call and messaging strategies.
- Identify trends from prospective customers to share with the product, marketing, and customer success teams.
- Track all sales activity in our CRM (Salesforce).
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of sales qualified leads.
We are a well funded company headquartered in Oakland. The founders are experienced entrepreneurs that founded Mailgun (acquired in 2012), and ran product lines at public companies. We have built a world class engineering team and offering and now we are looking to build on the sales momentum started by the founding team.
We also value our friends, families, and hobbies outside of work. Our past experiences building companies and mass-scale products taught us about the importance of life and work balance. It matters, even more, when you are building a lasting business, like Gravitational.
This position will be at our headquarters in Oakland (Jack London Square). Our office has great views of the marina, a gym, pool, free parking and is a close walk from the Lake Merritt BART station.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including a founder shares equity grant (RSUs), platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k, commuter benefits and a stocked kitchen.
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Email resume or links and a brief descripion of why you are interested in the opportunity: [email protected].